Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 1: A new blog...

Here it is.  My first blog post.  I've thought for a long time about starting a blog.  My initial thought was before my daughter, Edie, was born.  I thought it would be an amazing idea to have a blog about our life from the viewpoint of our three cats (Pixie, Mozzie, and Niko).  I pitched this idea to people close to me... I typically just got blank stares... Or the usual "stop being a crazy cat lady" responses.  Thus, this blog will not be all about my cats.  Though, they will make many appearances, no doubt.

I feel the need to explain the address and name of this blog.

1) UnMerrittedFavor.blogspot.com
- being a Christian is the most important part of my life.  I'm not perfect.  Guess what... God knows that.  He's chosen to offer me salvation and blessings beyond belief. Hopefully, you will see that in each of my posts. I also don't want my readers (all 2 of you) to think I can't spell.  I know Merit is usually how it is spelled.  My last name happens to be Merritt.... Play on words. Yada yada. Kudos to my buddy Justin for helping come up with the name,

2) The life and times of a popcorn heiress.
- my husband and his brother own a popcorn company (www.merrittpop.com).  It is the best popcorn you will ever eat.  [Don't just look at that web address, go buy some & help send my daughter to college!] I just so happened to marry into this wonderful business.  No, is the answer to your question. I don't eat popcorn all the time... I did when we first started dating, however. Your second question is probably, "what's your favorite flavor?"  The honest answer is that I don't have a favorite.  Today, I might eat kettle corn, tomorrow I might eat cheese (surprisingly delicious).  As for the heiress part... That's a joke.  Many of my friends refer to me this way.  Heiress couldn't be farther than the truth.  In reality, the company is run by Michael & his brother...and they are the only employees.  They grow the popcorn, harvest the popcorn, clean the popcorn, bag the popcorn (for large quantities), ship the popcorn, process online orders, market the popcorn, do accounting, etc.  It's a two man show, with my sister-in-law and I occasionally taking a few responsibilities.

So, I'm tired now... Since I took about 2 hours to try and determine the layout, background picture, and font of this stinking blog...it's now nearly 11pm and I'm probably looking forward to being up all night with Edie (who turns two months old on Thursday!) More about her in my next post!

-Lacey

1 comment:

  1. I want you to remember that I was first to post when you write your will and decide where the popcorn fortune is going. Edie doesn't need it- she's pretty and will marry rich. ANYWAY, enjoyed this first post and look forward to more. Love u

    ReplyDelete