On Tuesday, I took my parents to the airport to go on a trip to the Grand Canyon. This was a surprise trip from my dad. Mom has always wanted to go to the Grand Canyon. So, dad planned this himself (*scary*)! However, he asked my sister and I to be the ones to tell her back a few weeks ago.
Mom and I (and Edie) were down visiting my sister & her kids at the time. My sister and I had a hard time coming up with how to tell her. We finally devised a plan to have my niece, MK, tell her. Jana went and picked up a book about the Grand Canyon and wrapped it up. We went to moms favorite restaurant (so she couldn't get mad!) and then had MK give her the present and say "happy anniversary!" Btw, hearing a 4 year old say "anniversary" is so cute.
So. Mom opened up the present, saw it was a book about the Grand Canyon...and then had to question us about what this meant. Oy.
After we explained everything, she was excited. She's been on cloud 9 ever since.
I've heard from them everyday they have been gone... Pictures, texts, phone calls,
So it seems like they are having a great time!
So, happy 40th anniversary to mom & dad! (Wish I had an awesome 70s wedding photo to post, but they eloped...at the ripe old age of 18 and 19)..... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment