I hate cliches, but when people tell you that time flies when you have a child, they are not joking. I always thought those women were crazy when they said that....but I totally get it now. I just started getting "the hang" of this and Edie is already 6 months old!
A few details:
1) she has no hair. None. Little baldy. I have to make her wear headbands because she has been mistaken for a boy so many times.
2) she has no teeth. So many kids her age already have 1-2 teeth. Poor Edie just gums everything. She chews everything to bits. I didn't get teeth til I was 9 months old...so maybe she's just taking after me.
3) she can sort of sit up. Give her 30 seconds & she's fallen over :)
4) she has started eating "food". That's where the title of this post comes from. You know that scene in beauty and the beast where they sit down at the table and the beast eats from the soup bowl....and Belle looks at him like he's a crazy person for how fast and...disgraceful... He eats? That's Edie. It's like she's never been fed before. She is clawing at the bowl while I am holding it, as if she wants to feed herself. (That ain't happening). Food is going everywhere...and she is as happy as she can be about it. It's disgusting and adorable all at the same time.
5). She is a tiny thing. She weighs 13 lbs, 10oz. I hope she takes after her father and has a thin build!!!
6) I'm trying to teach her words. She mimicks "bye bye" and tries to wave (bc I always wave when I say it). It could just be my imagination, but I think she is at least. Michael is upset that she isn't saying more words....according to him, she is "advanced" and should be talking in full sentences and walking around by now!
7) she has started Crossfit. Just kidding. She does do push-ups. :) she lifts herself as far off the ground as she can...then falls to one side or the other...that's her way of rolling over.
Watching her grow is the most amazing thing! Seeing her learn new things and get excited about it is so exciting to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment