Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 1

Day 1 of being a stay-at-home mommy has officially come and gone.  We were relatively productive yesterday.  

Sadly, I woke up around 5:30am and couldn't get good back to sleep.  So, I snoozed from then until 8:30 when Edie official woke up for the day.  

We did all the normal things - new diapers, medicine, bottle...she played while I tried to start cleaning house.  

Most of you know I'm not a housekeeper.  This is not to say that my house is a disaster all the time...but just that keeping my house spotless isn't my top priority.  If it's, play in the floor with Edie or vacuum the hallway....I'm going with playtime.  I don't judge people on the cleanliness of their home, so I hope they would return that favor.  I also grew up in a spotless home...so, I think I'm still trying to boycott from that! ;) 

But! I have made it a resolution of sorts to try and keep a clean house now that I'm not working.  This happens to work in my favor, as I'm having some people over this week...so, I know it HAS to be done! I've resolved to clean 2 rooms a day.  Yesterday was Edie's room and the dining room...2 easy ones.  So, those were all picked up, clothes put away, dusted, vacuumed, mopped (dining), and  I've started trying to get my Christmas table set in the dining room.  This requires washing and pressing all of the table linens...that part hasn't been done yet.  But, overall I'd say those 2 rooms are clean.

Today, Our room & the spare bedroom.  I just cleaned our room up last week...so, this won't be too difficult.  It's the spare room I'm worried about.  You could seriously get lost in there.  It's not dirty, it's just a catch-all.  Last week, I laundered all the quilts in the house...so, the bed is clean & has new sheets.  But,  what do I do about that pile of "junk" on the dresser?? It's stuff I need to keep, but have no place for.  What do you DO with that stuff?  This room is also where I keep the majority of my craft supplies.  So, scraps of material are shoved in all drawers.  Oy vey! I'm breaking out in a cold sweat just thinking about this! 

Ok, enough of that!

I'd like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has been so supportive about me quitting my job.  We may eat SPAM and rice every day for the foreseeable future, but I think it's important for me to be home with Edie during these first few years of her life.  I am not in any way judging those who do have to work, I'm just glad my sweet husband finally caved! :). Never underestimate the power of tears! 

Ok, it's 9:30am and Edie has FINALLY woken up.  Thank you, Lord, for a child that sleeps 11 hours a night! 

Let the cleaning commence! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lace, The whole cleaning routine thing is awkward and unnatural to me as well. I fail more than I succeed at it, but I keep trying. Hope you find your groove soon. So glad you're able to stay at home now!!

    ReplyDelete